Bastian KNTWR sweaters are all hand knit and made from natural fibers
Because of the materials used they must not be washed in a washing machine or dryer since they may shrink and or felt together.
All sweaters should be either dry-cleaned or gently hand washed in cold water and laid flat to dry.
HAND WASHING GUIDE:
1. Hand wash in cool water with a gentle detergent designed for knitwear such as the Wool & Cashmere Shampoo from The Laundress.
2. Air dry flat - lay garment flat on a towel or gently on a drying rack for it to dry - do not wring or hang on a hanger (this will agitate the sweater).
3. If a sweater becomes wrinkled over time or after cleaning - lightly steam the garment to easily get rid of wrinkles. It is best to steam a sweater when it is turned inside out.
It is best to store sweaters flat on a shelf or in a drawer. Place the complimentary cedar bag in the center of the sweater to help preserve and protect it from moths.
** See image below for best way of folding sweaters.
If you are looking to store a BASTIAN KNTWR sweater for a long period of time such as during the summer months place sweater in the air tight bag it was delivered in. We selected these ultra thick ziploc bags because they are reusable and fantastic for storing and protecting your garments.
1. Lay Sweater Flat
2. Fold sleeves over front of chest one by one without folding the body of the sweater.
3. Place the cedar bag on top of the folded sleeves.
4. Fold bottom half of sweater on top of the sleeves so that you have a long rectangle flat folded sweater.
5. Place folded sweater on a shelf, in a drawer, or in the Bastian KNTWR reusable ziploc bag.